An important aspect to the flavors of a pizza is the sauce. You need to learn how to make pizza sauce that taste so good, it is even better than those sold in jars or cans. You’d be surprised to learn that you can easily whip up your own delicious pizza sauce in no time with fresh ingredients. Here’s a simple guide on how to make pizza sauce.
What you need: Salt, pepper, 1/4 cup fresh oregano, 5 basil leaves, 4 Roma tomatoes, 1/4 cup onions, 2 cloves garlic, 2 teaspoon olive oil.
1. Prepare the ingredients. Peel the Roma tomatoes. Cut and slice the onions into tiny pieces, and peel and mince the garlic.
2. Pour the olive oil into a sauce pan, preferably medium-sized. Heat up the oil, and throw in the chopped onions and minced garlic. Cook until onion and garlic gets soft, continue to stir.
3. Add in the Roma tomatoes into the pain, and use a wire whisk to smash and pulp the tomatoes in the pan.
4. Continue to stir and smash the tomatoes for up to 10 minutes while cooking. When the tomatoes are soft and smashed, add in pepper and salt if you want to. By this point, the consistency of your cooking should be sauce-like. Decide if you want tomato chunks, or smash everything. Cook the sauce until you reach your desired thickness and consistency.
5. By now, you can add in the basil leaves and the oregano into your sauce.
6. Continue to cook until you are happy with the consistency of your sauce. Taste it, and when you are satisfied, remove the pan from heat source. Let the sauce cool down before you use it on your pizza crust.
Congratulations, you have learned how to make pizza sauce home style! Now go ahead and add in on your pizza crust in a spiral motion, and you are ready to top your pizza.