Here are a few steps outlining ways on how to make pizza dough. Be sure to read through, and do not forget to practice! Getting the perfect dough takes time, so be prepared to do it over and over again until you are able to produce the best high quality dough to start making pizzas.
1. Add in 1 1/4 cup of warm water in a medium sized bowl, and sprinkle yeast into it. Stir the water until the yeast dissolves.
2. Add in 2 cups of sifted flour and stir until it blends with the water.
3. Continue to add in more flour, around 1 to 1 1/2 cups until the blend becomes too stiff to be stirred with a spoon.
4. Prepare a kneading surface and sprinkle and spread flour all over it. Take out the dough blend from the bowl and turn it out on the floured surface, and continue to knead it for 10 to 15 minutes until it starts to become more elastic and smooth.
5. Grease a bowl with oil, and place the dough in the bowl. Turn it, so the dough is oiled evenly.
6. Allow the “magic” of the yeast to take place. Wrap the bowl with plastic wrap and leave it be in a warm place for 45 minutes. It should rise to at least double of its original size.
7. Turn up and preheat the oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
8. While the oven is being heated, put the dough back on the floured surface and get rid of bubbles by punching it down. Divide the dough into half, and let it be for a few minutes.
9. Roll out the two in a 12-inch circle, and make it as thick as you want it to be.
10. Oil a pizza pan, or at least a baking sheet and put the dough there. It is best to use a baking stone.
There you go, a simple way on how to make pizza dough. Now you are ready to add on toppings. Learn how to make pizza sauce for that added homemade pizza flavor!